You are running a linux system in text mode. You are using either
- Physical monitor and keybord
- Remote access console (example: Dell iDRAC)
- A Virtualized Console on qemu
In any of the above applications – due to the monitor size the font is so small it is difficult to read.
To select a new font for these applications:
- Fonts that you can use on your tty are located in /usr/lib/kbd/consolefonts directory.
- To test a font – execute
- su root
- cd /usr/lib/kbd/consolefonts
- (choose a font to try)
- setfont Filename – (example setfont sun12x22.psfu.gz)
- To have the font used by the tty’s every time you reboot, edit the file /etc/vconsole.conf
- Find the line FONT in the file and replace the name of the font with your newly desired font
- Have a nice day!!
Tested on Rocky Linux 8 and Fedora 39